WHERE NUMEROUS PROJECTS COME TO LIFE
Many companies have made their mark in life sciences in the Agglomération de Longueuil, especially in producing and distributing pharmaceutical and homeopathic products and designing medical equipment and devices.
The life sciences industry in our area by the numbers
Close to 20%
of Quebec’s businesses in this industry are located here
hospitals, including 1 university hospital
MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE AREA
A skilled workforce and a multitude of resources
In addition to a large pool of skilled labourers, our area is home to 2 hospitals, namely Hôpital Charles-LeMoyne, a research centre affiliated with Université de Sherbrooke, and Hôpital Pierre-Boucher, as well as the head office of the Alliance du personnel professionnel et technique de la santé et des services sociaux (APTS).
- Dental hygiene techniques
- Radiodiagnostic technology
- Visual orthotics techniques
The Longueuil campus of the Université de Sherbrooke is home to 38 programs and certificates in the field of life sciences
Industry data for Greater Montreal
- 56,000 jobs, 80% of which are located in Greater Montreal*
- Over 650 business in Greater Montreal
*Sources: Montréal International, Greater Montréal: Life Sciences & Health Tech Hub, 2020.
OUR KEY STRENGTHS
- The diversity of the industry – pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers, service companies, industry suppliers
- Cégep Édouard-Montpetit is known for its programs in denturology, providing our area with a specialized workforce
- Several businesses in the area specialize in oral health
Regional portrait : Aerospace industry
Explore this industry